Job Description: Research Assistant (part-time)
Research Power Inc. (RPI) is a research and evaluation consulting company with an established a reputation for excellent client services in the public, private, and voluntary sectors. RPI delivers services for clients in six key areas: evaluation; research and environmental scans; facilitation, strategic planning and consultations; project management & partnership development; program and policy development; and organizational learning and capacity-building.
RPI is seeking a part-time Research Assistant to provide senior consultants with research support on a variety of projects, mainly in the health and social services sectors. Hours of work are expected to be approximately 15 hours per week and can be scheduled at times that are mutually convenient. The successful candidate will be expected to spend at least some of the time working at the RPI office in central Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Offsite work (i.e., at client locations) and some evenings/weekends may also be required.
Rate of pay is $20 to $30 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience.
Key tasks will vary depending on existing projects but could include the following:
- Conduct literature searches (academic and grey literature)
- Extract relevant information from identified sources
- Assist with identifying indicators that can be used in evaluations
- Assist with developing data collection tools, e.g., interview guides, surveys, etc.
- Support data collection activities (e.g., taking notes during consultations or meetings), with the potential to progress to conducting interviews and/or facilitating focus groups
- Assist with/conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Support development of proposal submissions in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), e.g., writing sections on background or methods
- Format documents, spreadsheets and presentations (e.g., preparing charts and graphs, tables, graphics, etc.)
- Proofread and edit documents
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in a health or social science field
- Experience conducting research activities such as literature searches, qualitative data collection, survey development, etc.
- Experience planning and/or implementing program evaluations
- Experience working in the health and/or social services sectors
- Analytical skills
- Experience writing reports and other documents
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of professionalism & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Strong computer skills and proficient in various applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, qualitative data analysis software (e.g., NVivo 10)
If you are looking for a chance to join a very dynamic and professional team, please submit an application that includes a cover letter outlining how your skills match the qualifications listed, your resume, and a sample of something you have written (please combine all documents into one PDF or Word file). Please send applications by January 22, 2020 to:
Senior Consultant, Research Power Inc.
This position will be open until filled. We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview and skills test will be contacted.